Monday, April 4, 2022

"Stereotomy"


Back in December, I figured out the lower register synthesizer part at the beginning of "Stereotomy," and a couple years ago, I'd figured out the main part.  Yester-day, I finally got around to making a recording of the two parts.  There's a bit of an introduction before this, but I didn't include that.  What I have is just the section that repeats.

I played this on my Moog Subsequent 37.  I got it recently enough that I'm still learning how to use it and don't really know what I'm doing.  My tone doesn't match at all, but at this point, I'm more concerned with having the right notes.  I don't even know what synthesizer was used on the original recording.  Specific synthesizer identification is an aspect of this project I'd never even considered before.